Last updated: May 24, 2023
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect various types of information depending on how you interact with us and what parts of the Service you use and how you interact with us. We may collect information directly from you, such as your contact details, details of financial and transaction data (e.g., purchase history and tendencies), online browsing activities, communication and marketing preferences, records of your correspondence or communications with us or other information you voluntarily share with us through your interactions with us. If you choose to submit your preferences, such as by setting your language preferences on the Site, we will also collect that information.
You may be required to provide Personal Information to access or use certain parts of the Site, such as to register for an Account. If you do not provide the requested Personal Information, you may not be able to access or use the features of the Site where such information is requested.
We collect information indirectly from you when you access or use the Site that does not directly identify you individually, which we may combine with other information we have collected about you, including Personal Information collected from third parties, such as our digital advertising service vendors and data providers, or through publicly-available sources.
Personal Information You Provide Directly To Us
The categories of Personal Information from or about you when you provide it directly to us, such as:
- Contact Information. Identifiers and information required to create a business relationship with us, such as your name, address, email address, products purchased on the Site and similar information about your interactions with us and the Site;
- Payment Information. Credit card or debit card information, billing address, card expiration date and similar financial information, which may be shared with our payment processors, to complete your purchase of products or services offered on our Site;
- User Account Information. Registration details, including email address, name, username, password and account settings, to register an account with us (“Account”), to verify your identity, update your profile, earn rewards points on purchases and to provide or manage our relationship with you through your Account, including to communicate with you and to respond to your inquiries (e.g., to send requested marketing communications and inventory updates, if subscribed to our listserv or otherwise requested);
- Other Information when you Interact with Us. If you choose to provide information to us by submitting a completed request form (e.g., to subscribe to receive communications, to request customer services assistance), by calling us, by sending a message to a third-party social media account affiliated with D’Amelio Footwear or by adjusting your Account settings and preferences, we will also collect that information to respond to your request.
Personal Information Collected Automatically
Information we collect with these tools includes:
- Browser and device data: We collect your device type, operating system and version, IP address, general geographic location as indicated by your IP address, browser type, screen resolution, device manufacturer and model, language, plug‐ins, add‐ons and the language version of the website you are visiting.
- Usage data: We collect information about the time you spend on the websites, the content you view and features you access, the pages that led or referred you to our websites, language preferences, how you interact with available content, and entered search terms.
When you visit the Site, D’Amelio Footwear and our partners collect information about your online activities over time and across websites, including our different product “microsites,” to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests (called “interest‐based advertising”). For example, we utilize certain of our partners’ targeted advertising services to show you our advertisements on other websites based on your prior visits to our websites and other online activity. Our partners may place or recognize a unique cookie or other tracking technology on your browser (including the use of pixel tags). Where required by applicable laws, we will rely on your consent prior to processing Personal Information from your device or computer for the purpose of interest‐based advertising.
We use Google Analytics to help analyze how users use our websites. If you would like to opt-out from the use of your information by Google Analytics, you may use Google’s analytics opt-out browser add-on designed for this purpose.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the services may not be available, work, or work as designed.
We may collect information about your online activities on the Site to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites on which our ads are served.
You may see certain ads on other websites because we work with advertising partners (including advertising networks) to engage in remarketing and retargeting activities. Our partners track your online activities over time and across websites, including the Site, by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies, web server logs and web beacons. They use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our advertising partners may collect includes data about your visits to websites that participate in the relevant advertising networks, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on the Site and on third-party websites that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. For example, we utilize certain of our ad partners’ targeted advertising services to show you our ads on other websites based on your prior visits to the Site and other online activity.
Provided that a company participates in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive targeted advertising, you may opt out of ad network interest-based advertising generally through the Network Advertising Initiative website or by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ (web-based advertising) or http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices (for mobile advertising).
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Please note that opting out does not mean that you will stop receiving ads from us. It means that you still stop receiving ads from us that have been targeted to you based on your visits and browsing activity across websites over time.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service to you, including products sold on our website.
- To respond to your requests for information.
- To contact you with updates about the Service, our products, promotional events and as otherwise requested by you.
- To market and advertise our services, including sending marketing communications and engaging in targeted digital advertising.
- To determine trends in consumption of our products and determine where our products may be in demand.
- To analyze and improve the Site.
- For customer service;
We may combine the Personal Information we collect from or about you with other information we have collected from other sources, such as publicly available sources.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We share Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
Corporate Affiliates. We may share your information with our corporates affiliates and subsidiaries, as needed to provide the Site and our products or services to you, and for business analysis purposes.
Service Providers and Vendors. We share Personal Information with third-party service providers, such as shipping providers, payment processing providers and other vendors we contract with to operate the Site and to provide our products and services. Our vendors and service providers are not permitted to use your personal information for any other purpose than to provide contracted services. Vendors are not permitted to use your personal information for their own marketing, and are not allowed to share your information for marketing purposes.
To Third Parties in Connection with Business Transactions. In the event that we, or any of our businesses are sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets, or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, Personal Information of our customers, visitors, and users may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction. Information about our customers, visitors, and registered users may also need to be disclosed in connection with a commercial transaction where we or any one of our businesses are seeking financing, investment, support, or funding.
HOW WE RESPOND TO “DO NOT TRACK” DISCLOSURES
We do not currently take action in response to a web browser's “do not track” signal.
We use reasonable safeguards designed to protect the information we receive from you from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access. However, no measures can guarantee the security of data we collect from you.
INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section provides certain information required by the CPRA and describes California resident rights under the CPRA and how to exercise those rights.
We have collected, used, disclosed, sold and shared the following categories of Personal Information about you within the last twelve (12) months:
Disclosed for a Business or Commercial Purpose?
Categories of Third Parties to Whom the Information was Disclosed
Sold or Shared?
Categories of Third Parties to Whom the Information was Sold or Shared
Purpose(s) for Selling or Sharing
Identifiers (e.g., name, address, unique personal identifier, IP address, email address)
· Service Partners
· Law enforcement, regulatory or government agency, court or other similar third party
· Buyers in the event of a corporate transaction (e.g., divestiture, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganization, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy)
No, except for IP address as described in the “Internet or other electronic network activity information” category below.
Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) (e.g., name, address, telephone number, credit/debit card number)
Commercial Information (e.g., products purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)
Internet or other similar network activity (e.g., browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with an internet website application, or advertisement)
Third-party website analytics and digital advertising Service Partners
· Better understand the interests of our customers and Site users and how they interact with the Site
· Maintain and improve our Site
· Provide you with information about products that we may offer that we think may be of interest to you
· Offer customized content to enhance your experience with us, including to recognize new or past visitors to our Website, remember your personal preferences, show you more relevant and meaningful advertisements based on your interests
· Measure the effectiveness of our advertisements
Third-party website analytics and digital advertising Service Partners
California Resident Rights
Residents of California have the following rights with regard to their personal information:
The Right to Know About Personal Information We Have Collected, Used, Disclosed, Sold or Shared About You, Including Any Specific Pieces of Personal Information.
Specifically, you may request that a business that collects Personal Information about you disclose the following:
- The categories of Personal Information it has collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom the business discloses Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information it has collected about you.
You may also request that a business that sells or shares your Personal Information, or that discloses it for a business purpose, disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information that the business collected about you;
- The categories of Personal Information that the business sold or shared about you and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or shared, by category or categories of Personal Information for each third party to whom the Personal Information was sold or shared; and
- The categories of Personal Information that the business disclosed about you for a business purpose and the categories of persons to whom it was disclosed for a business purpose.
If you would like to request disclosure of what Personal Information we collected, used, disclosed, sold, or shared (a “Personal Information Request”), please contact us at email@example.com.
The Right to Delete Personal Information
If you would like to request deletion of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information
If you would like to request deletion of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Right To Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell personal information of California consumers to third parties for monetary consideration, and we do not have actual knowledge that it sells the personal information of consumers under the age of 16. However, certain sharing of information with our third-party website analytics and digital advertising vendors may qualify as a “sale” and is considered “sharing” under the CPRA. To opt-out of certain sharing of information with our third-party analytics and digital advertising service providers, you may set your preferences to reject analytics and advertising cookies by clicking the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link at the bottom of the applicable D’Amelio web page. Please note that preferences you set are specific to the D’Amelio website with which you are interacting. You may update your preference for each brand by visiting the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link at the bottom of each of our websites. We do not knowingly sell the personal information of California residents under the age of 16.
The Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information for Certain Purposes
We do not collect Sensitive Personal Information as defined under the CPRA
The Right to Non-Discrimination
We may not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
You may be asked for more information in order for us to verify your identity when you make a request.
How Long We Retain Your Information
We retain your personal information for as long as it is needed to provide our services to you and to fulfill our legal obligations and for a reasonable period of time after such services are completed.
California Shine The Light Law
California’s “Shine The Light” law permits California residents who have supplied personal information, as defined in the statute, to us to, under certain circumstances, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at [email].
Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line (if by email), and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address or mail address.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EUROPEAN RESIDENTS
The Legal Basis For Collecting and Processing Information
We use the following legal bases for processing Personal Information:
- We may collect or process information we need to provide our services or fulfill a contractual obligation.
- We may collect or process information to fulfill a legal obligation.
- We may collect information when we have a legitimate interest to do so, as long as our legitimate interests are not outweighed by your rights.
If you reside in the EU/EEA, you may have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
- Right of information and access - You have the right to access your Personal Information we have about you and to be provided with a copy of your Personal Information.
- Right to rectification - You have the right to correct or update your inaccurate or out of date Personal Information.
- Right of erasure - You have the right to request that your Personal Information be permanently erased/deleted.
- Right to restrict processing - You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- Right to object to processing - You have the right to object to specific types of processing of your Personal Information.
- Right to portability - You may ask to receive a portable copy of your personal information in a format that may be transferred to another organization.
- Right not to be subject to decisions based solely on Automated Decision Making - You have the right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing.
- Right to complain to a data protection authority - You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority in the country in which you reside.
- Right to withdraw consent - If you have given us consent to collect or process your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect processing that occurred prior to the withdrawal.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may charge a reasonable fee if your request is not valid under applicable law, repetitive or excessive. We may also request additional information from you in order to verify your identity before processing your request.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under age 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent (or as permitted by law), we will delete it. If you believe that a child may have provided us with personal information without such parental consent, please contact us.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES